And so the days are filled...

26 August 2005

4 for 229 and I'm onto my second scarf

In an unprecedented move I actually stayed up till midnight last night. Although my excuse for staying up so late was watching the Australians wriggle uncomfortably against the English in the 4th test of the Ashes, in actual fact, I was nursing a new obsession: scarf.
The experience of knitting Backyard Leaves for Sonya for the Stitch Your Neck Out swap was so wonderful, I immediately had to cast on a second Backyard Leaves in Noro Silk Garden for myself. (Might as well as long as the book is still checked out from the library.)
Backyard Leaves #1, for Sonya was knit in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran - very soft and buoyant yarn, but probably not something I'd work with again anytime soon. It goes against my cheapie nature.

Backyard Leaves #2, for myself, is being knit in some Noro Silk Garden I picked up for a reasonably reduced price at a craft fair a few months ago.


This pattern is for some reason highly addictive. It's just so exciting to see one leaf grow next to the last one.
And today, my hard-won (well lost, then purchased anyway) ebay Kureyon arrived in the post. I will not show you a photo of it just yet. The lurid colour combination is something else indeed. It will make a much more obnoxious wavy than I ever anticipated, much to my satisfaction. So stayed tuned...