And so the days are filled...

08 August 2005

Your task, should you choose to accept it...

I'm so excited that my SYNO swap yarn has arrived. I'll be knitting....(drumroll) Backyard Leaves! It was the scarf I was secretly hoping to get to make. Hoping but not admitting to myself so I wouldn't jinx the scarf swap goddesses and make me end up with Ruffles!!! AND I have been given the (less than onerous) job of knitting it up in beautiful Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. My inner cheapie would never let me buy THAT yarn for anything for myself...so now I have this once-in-a-lifetime chance to familiarise myself with Bliss. aaah, bliss.
Ironically, all this impatience about The Swap caused me to cast on for my own Backyard Leaves in some Noro Silk Blossom I had stashed. So at least now I'm a bit practiced at the edging etc.
Photos of progress to be posted as soon as progress is made...

Since the person I'm knitting for has a 4 month old nephew, I'll post a photo of me with my five month old nephew, Massimo (seen here about a day old)!