And so the days are filled...

31 October 2005

Coming up for air

It's been a manic week...we are finally buying a house! It's not signed, sealed, or delivered yet...but it's close. So there's been a lot of racing around getting things organised.
That doesn't mean there has been no knitting time and I am pretty happy with this FO (note, Blues 1 Greens 0 in the FO stakes.)
my what an arch shaped head you have
This was a design of my own which I sort of just made up as I went along. It could be considered a prototype for an actual design that I could develop further - something I've never done - the thing I like most about it is the way every second cable ends in a little twisty point when the crown decreases begin, then the remainder of the cables end in similar twisty points at the very top. The decreasing was all sort of fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants, and I would have to make the decreasing more regular in a future prototype. But for its purposes, a birthday gift for a friend in a cold cold climate, it will do the trick.
It was quite a treat to meet Jacqueline last week. I got to see the Opal socks in person and am looking forward to her photographs from our wander round the Rocks. I am camera-less so cannot give you my views but I put my personal seal of approval on Jaqueline's Sydney Harbour Bridge photos.