And so the days are filled...

15 March 2006

Would you be knitting...

if you had this gorgeous face demanding your every attention???

I know, I said to myself this wouldn't become a dog blog, because - despite the lack of any noticeable knitting content - this is still, sort of, essentially, well to begin with anyway - a knitting blog.

Anyway, lucky for me the Commonweath Games are starting tonight and with that, a renewed commitment to saying NO to cute puppies and YES to getting on with the knitting...

All Australia is abuzz with the Commonwealth excitement, let me assure you. The Queen has finally landed in Melbourne this afternoon and rumours are starting to leak as to what spectacular opening ceremony will be unveiled this evening... although there's been a shroud of secrecy quite literally covering the Melbourne Cricket Ground, we have heard already that flying trams will be involved, and possibly a guest appearance of the famous Gog and Magog (brought to life by sheer Commonwealth magic, no doubt?).

After tonight's festivities, of course, it's down to business. The first events include swimming, boxing, basketball, track cycling (my favourite), and the ever popular badminton. My own personal events will involve simply Knit 5 Purl 3... unless I make it through the qualifying rounds and get to DECREASE!! Wouldn't that be novel?!

By the way, here is an interesting explanation of which countries are competing and why.