And so the days are filled...

07 April 2006

An observation

What is happening with the stylist's budget at Interweave Knits?

I ask this because I have been looking through the past few issues as part of the wonderfully world's-your-oyster process of post-Leo-next-project-selection.

How about Kate Gilbert's beautiful Pearl Buck Swing Jacket. Pearl Buck used to live in my state and we visited the Pearl Buck House Museum numerous times in my childhood. I have read the book which inspired the design... just something about the jacket makes me think it's not really my style. To start with, I don't have a nice tweedy skirt like the model's wearing.

Sigh...keep on looking...flip, flip, flip. Now I know THIS is definitely NOT my style, because I don't have THAT skirt either:

Hang on a minute, those two skirts are exactly the same!!

Look what happens in the current issue:

The same skirt appears not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES in the magazine.

Do we need to be organising a charity ebay auction so these models don't all have to share the same skirt?!

Needless to say, this revelation has not really helped me decide which project shall be next. I'm enjoying the thought process so much I might just not make a decision. In the meantime, I have been reunited with the Lovely Lady E and will show you some progress pics of that on the weekend.