And so the days are filled...

08 May 2006

Once more with Feeling

feel me!Oh yes, just lean in and squeeze this yarn. It's Lana Gatto Feeling and it has got to be the softest yarn my little fingers have had the privilege of feeling in recent memory. Composed of 70% merino, 20% silk, and 10% cashmere, you know this yarn is intended for no ordinary project. Indeed it will become a Leaf Lace Shawl for my mother-in-law's 60th birthday. And along the way, this Feeling goodness and I will be partners in what promises to be the northern hemisphere's most action packed summer KAL in decades: The Amazing Lace.

amazing lace buttonIf you haven't signed up yet, don't worry - you can join anytime. Our hosts promise us a series of creative challenges which will be met by participants and their lace projects as they travel the world or their own backyard. I really cannot do the concept of this KAL justice in my own words, best you head on over and see for yourself what it's all about.