And so the days are filled...

06 June 2006

Leaf lace shawl leaves lace race lacking

The leaf lace shawl for my Mother Outlaw was finished over the weekend.
Leaf Lace shawl Leaf Lace shawl Leaf Lace shawl
Leaf Lace shawl
Leaf Lace shawl
(More project details here. It must be said that I found this to be a rather uninspiring knit.)
Sadly this leaves me without a lace project at the moment and gives me the feeling that I'm cheating on the Amazing Lace. New lace candidates are being considered presently. It is likely I will make use of one of these beautiful yarns I received in the mail recently from the Stitch Ya Neck Out scarf swap organisers:
yarn pressies.jpg
Above we see (at left) Garnstudio's Silke-Tweed (52% silke 48% lammeull) in colour 'Gress Gron', (grass green?) and (at right) Dalegarn Svale (50% cotton, 40% viscose, 10% silk) in a lovely slippery fish-flashing-in-the-sunlight kind of colour. Although I am completely undeserving of this giftie, the organisers sent it to me as thanks in advance for agreeing to make a scarf for one unfortunate person whose scarf never came through in the swap. Now, unfortunate person, if you are reading this, please send your yarn to me and do not feel bad about it as you can see I have obviously been repaid a hundredfold for my troubles!