And so the days are filled...

23 October 2006

nearly 48 things

"I guess it's my turn...
Originally I saw this post on Kris's blog and thought...hey I might just do that one. But then Jacqueline nominates me as the person most likely to respond. So stubborn me thought...no I won't, I'll show her. Then in the next line she says I am also the person most unlikely to respond! Hell what's a girl to do? Since I was completely confused by this stage, I thought I may as well go with my first instinct. So here you have it..." *

48 things you could care less about

1. First Name Meg
2. Were you named after anyone? Maternal grandmother
3. When did you last cry? Reading Di's description of her recent wedding. (I always knew I cried at weddings. I admit I was a little surprised to find myself getting choked up just reading a blog about a wedding.)
4. Do you like your handwriting? Yes
5. What is your favourite lunchmeat? I love cured meats of all types but I don't do them the disservice of eating them for lunch. They are better on their own with some olives and a glass of red wine handy.
6. If you were another person would you be friends with you? I couldn't possibly say. It would depend on what first impression I gave myself.
7. Do you have a journal? No
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes
9. Would you bungee jump? No, would you?!
10. What is your favourite cereal? This is a very open-ended question. My favourite cereal grain - barley (that's for Fiver). Favourite breakfast cereal - corn flakes.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Only the ones with laces
12. Do you think you are strong? Well I do like spinach an awful lot (see 32)
13. What is your favourite ice-cream flavour? Anything soy
14. Shoe size? Depends on how cheap and how cool the shoe is. At Vinnie's, I have a very flexible foot size.
15. Red or pink? Red
16. What is the least favourite thing about yourself? My lactose intolerance
17. Who do you miss most? My former best friend, cheese
18. Do you want everyone to send this back to you? What is this supposed to mean? No. Just post it on your blog.
19. What colour pants, shirt and shoes are you wearing? Black shoes. Drab trousers. Red shirt with black/purple/red print singlet over.
20. Last thing you ate? Peanut butter and honey toast
21. What are you listening to right now? A little voice inside my head telling me it's time to go get a cup of tea to wash down that peanut butter and honey toast
22. If you were a crayon what colour would you be? I couldn't possibly say
23. Favourite smell? A library
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My father
25. The first thing you notice about people you are attracted to? Their vocabulary
26. Do you like who you stole this off? I hardly think I stole it, but yes
27. Favourite drink? Coffee, strong, black, no sugar
28. Favourite sport? That's like a parent choosing a favourite child - impossible to say! There are so many good ones. The top two for me are Aussie Rules Football and cricket.
29. Eye colour? Brown
30. Hat size? I'm not sure, I will have to ask these people
31. Do you wear contacts? No
32. Favourite food? Palak paneer, with a side serving of lactose tablets
33. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings. And if it was a scary movie with a happy ending, I still wouldn't watch it.
34. If you could live anywhere in the world where would that be? With Fiver and Guinness
35. Summer or winter? See 28. During cricket season - summer. During AFL season - winter.
36. Hugs or kisses? If we're talking about Hershey's products, definitely kisses.
37. Favourite dessert? Nothing finishes off a meal quite as well as a short black
38. Who is most likely to respond? Rebecca (the last time I sent her one of these I thought for sure she'd respond but she didn't. Turns out she hadn't made it in to work that day to get the email. So now's her chance.)
39. Least likely to respond? Rebecca, she has far better things to do with her time.
40. What books are you currently reading? Iris Murdoch's 1978 Booker Prize winner, The Sea, The Sea and 2006 Nobel Prize for Literature recipient Orhan Pamuk's Snow.
41. What's on your mouse pad? Just grey clothy stuff.
42. What did you watch on TV last night? Operatunity Oz
43. Favourite sounds? Since we're coming up to summer, I'd have to say my favourite sound is the cry of HOWZAT!
44. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Stones!
45. The furthest you have been from home? It depends on how one defines home. But either way, I'm now halfway round the globe from every where else I've been, so the answer is either here or there.
46. What's your special talent? Finding typos in anyone's work but my own
47. Where were you born? Really far away from where I am now (see 45)
48. Who sent this to you? The Serendipitous One

*Liberally quoted from Jacqueline.