And so the days are filled...

30 January 2007

Venus

Lest you think I've not been highly productive lately, let me show you my second origami FO for 2007.
This is a kusudama, from the 1990 book Kusudama: Ball Origami by Makoto Yamaguchi (one of my all time favourite origami books). Made for a sister-in-law's birthday on the weekend, since she always admires a similar one I made years ago for our mutual mother-in-law.
It contains 40 individual cone-shaped units which are joined by thread to form the ball shape. The resulting ornament has a very sturdy and pleasingly dense composition.

A rant starts here:
I have just been forced - FORCED! - to switch over to the new blogger. I didn't want to. Frankly, I don't care about all the new features, I was perfectly happy with my old features. I don't want to add labels! (Does anyone actually use labels? I never do - but maybe I'm a minority of one.) I'm perfectly happy using keyboard shortcuts for editing - I don't need no stinkin' drag and drop functions! But the main reason I didn't want to switch is that my so-called Google account log-in (my email address) is just so darn cumbersome. I hate having to enter the whole thing all the time and I don't like change and it's all too hard. Will someone please write and tell me everything is going to be ok, or maybe I should switch addresses, but that'll be even more change and I'm just not ready to face that.