And so the days are filled...

12 April 2007

Forest Path Stole: Tier Five

A technical revolution...

Now big enough to cover a dining chair seat!

Finally I heeded the little voice in the back of my head which kept telling me I knew perfectly well how to knit and purl backwards and I should give it a try despite the fact that this was lace and 20 stitches per row as opposed to stocking stitch at 8 stitches per row the last time I knitted backwards...

This revolution probably falls short of comparison with the conversions from scroll to book (thanks Hege for the humour), from bronze to iron, from 8-track to cassette... nevertheless, it has made sitting down and facing my Forest Path Stole a much more palatable option of an evening. It has been languishing, I admit, right down the very bottom of the WIP basket - but the KAL has been a great thing for getting me motivated. Lots of people are getting to the 10 or 11 tier mark and pointing out that they're 'halfway there' - which made me realise (whilst stuck on Tier 4 4/5ths) that I was nearly 'halfway to halfway there'. So keep on knitting KAL-ers, I'm behind you, happily riding in your slipstream!