And so the days are filled...

28 May 2007

mystery and random clues!?

Could this CD be winging your way to YOU??? If you're in on the Sound Swap then the answer could be YES! Sharpen your pencils, Sherlock, you've got some sleuthing to do!
Seems I'm the last to do the Seven Random Things List. Debby kindly tagged me, so here goes:

1. I hate fireworks. I think they are a huge waste of money.

2. Although I laugh easily and frequently, stand-up comedians just don't do it for me. I think the last time I laughed out loud at a standup comedy routine was Abbot & Costello's Who's on First? (heard on a cassette, not live, of course.)

3. I gamble twice a year, at the Melbourne Cup and on ANZAC Day. Otherwise, I never gamble, but I am completely fascinated by the old fashioned bookies at Wentworth Park (where greyhounds race) who still calculate the betting odds manually on a chalkboard. I'd rather watch them all night than the dogs.

4. I didn't learn how to play chess until I was 21. I am still not that good at it.

5. Recently, I was at great pains to explain to Fiver just how Americans could eat over 150 million hotdogs during the Fourth of July weekend. (This fact was reported in our local paper.) Quite frankly, I couldn't really work out any good reason. The mind boggles.

6. While on the subject of American holidays, I have to admit that, even though Halloween was one of my favourite holidays while growing up, celebrating it is something I've quite easily given up since moving south. Last year we were caught out when a cute little group of monsters and fairies and the like knocked on our door in the evening hours of 31/10. The only treat I could rustle up in the house was individually-wrapped herbal tea bags. The trick-r-treaters were girls in their tween years and seemed quite thrilled with the herbal tea actually. I know I was really interested in tea at that age.

7. I have never broken a bone or even sprained an ankle so badly I needed crutches to get around; however, as a child I desperately wanted to have crutches, so much so that playing with my best friend's older brother's crutches (which were leftover from a prior ice hockey playing injury) was heaps of fun to me.